Ring Video Doorbell Wired Bundles & Accessories
Original price $15.99Original price $15.99 - Original price $15.99Original price $15.99Current price $12.99$12.99 - $12.99Current price $12.99| /
*SHIPS WITHIN 1 - 2 WORKING DAYS FORM & FUNCTION - Forgo the hassle of changing your battery by directly connecting your Ring Video Doorbell to...View full detailsOriginal price $15.99Original price $15.99 - Original price $15.99Original price $15.99Current price $12.99$12.99 - $12.99Current price $12.99| /Sale Sale
Original price $24.99Original price $24.99 - Original price $24.99Original price $24.99Current price $14.99$14.99 - $14.99Current price $14.99| /
*SHIPS WITHIN 1 - 2 WORKING DAYS BETTER VIEWING ANGLE - The Wasserstein Horizontal Adjustable Angle Mount and Wall Plate offers flexibility for you...View full detailsOriginal price $24.99Original price $24.99 - Original price $24.99Original price $24.99Current price $14.99$14.99 - $14.99Current price $14.99| /Sale Sale
Original price $25.99Original price $25.99 - Original price $25.99Original price $25.99Current price $16.99$16.99 - $16.99Current price $16.99| /
*SHIPS WITHIN 1 - 2 WORKING DAYS BETTER VIEWING ANGLE- The Wasserstein Vertical Adjustable Angle Mount and Wall Plate offers flexibility for your R...View full detailsOriginal price $25.99Original price $25.99 - Original price $25.99Original price $25.99Current price $16.99$16.99 - $16.99Current price $16.99| /Sale Sale
The Ring Video Doorbell (wired) is the smallest and most affordable Ring video doorbell. Measuring just 3.98 in x 1.8 in x 0.88 in, it's significantly shorter and thinner than most Ring doorbells that have the standard 5.1 in x 2.4 in x 1.1 in dimension. Priced at $64.99, it's one of the most affordable Ring devices for those who are looking to build up their home security systems.
Like most of our recommended wired doorbell cameras, this one offers the core features you need for comprehensive security: crystal-clear HD video, seamless Two-Way Talk, intelligent motion detection, and lightning-fast real-time alerts sent directly to your smartphone, Alexa device, or Ring Chime. It is designed to fit seamlessly into your home, requiring only your existing doorbell wiring for power.
Let's check the main features that make this wired Ring video doorbell stand out.
The Ring Video Doorbell (wired) offers 1080p Full HD resolution, ensuring you can easily identify individuals, read license plates, and see important details, even in challenging lighting conditions. The device is also equipped with a wide-angle lens to provide a generous 155-degree field of view, enabling comprehensive monitoring of the front door area.
The Ring Video Doorbell Wired provides you with the flexibility to tailor its motion detection zones according to your preferences. This means you can define specific areas in its field of view where you want it to be extra vigilant, ensuring that you capture the most relevant activity while reducing unnecessary alerts from areas that don't concern you.
When you're setting up your motion zones, pay attention to high-traffic areas, like a busy street. If your Ring device is giving you too many motion alerts, consider adjusting the motion zones to exclude these areas. You can also adjust the motion sensitivity slider to fine-tune the area that your device monitors to trigger a motion event. Additionally, you can use the Motion Scheduling feature to specify when motion detection should be activated.
The Ring App is designed to provide seamless control and management of Ring's suite of smart home security devices, including video doorbells, security cameras, and alarm systems. Here's an overview of what the Ring App offers:
Connected Devices: The Ring App serves as a central hub for managing all your Ring devices. You can access live video feeds, review recorded footage, and interact with your devices in real-time.
Real-Time Notifications: Stay informed with in-app features like the instant alerts sent to your smartphone whenever your Ring device detects motion, someone rings your doorbell, or there's an event worth your attention. These notifications keep you connected to what's happening at your front door or around your property.
Live View & Two-Way Talk: Engage in live conversations with visitors, delivery personnel, or anyone near your Ring doorbell or camera using the Two-Way Talk feature. This is particularly useful for greeting guests, giving instructions, or even deterring potential intruders.
Motion Detection Settings: Customize motion detection zones and sensitivity levels to reduce unnecessary alerts and focus on the areas that matter most to you. This ensures you receive relevant notifications while minimizing false alarms.
Event History: Access a comprehensive video history log within the app, where you can review past events, motion-triggered recordings, and doorbell rings. This feature is invaluable for monitoring your property's security history.
Security & Privacy Control: The app provides you with control over your device settings and privacy preferences. You can customize privacy zones to exclude specific areas from video recording to respect your neighbors' privacy.
The Ring Video Doorbell (wired) can be paired with either your existing doorbell chime or the Ring Chime to receive audio alerts within your home. The Ring Chime is a dedicated device that plugs into an electrical outlet in your home and produces audible chimes or tones whenever someone rings the doorbell or when motion is detected. This allows you to hear alerts throughout your home, ensuring you don't miss any visitors or activity at your front door. It's sold separately, but you can get it a great discount in one of our special bundles for Ring devices.
Two-Way Talk is a valuable feature in Ring video doorbells that enables real-time communication between homeowners and visitors at the front door. When someone rings the doorbell or when motion is detected within the camera's field of view, you receive a notification through the Ring App on your connected mobile device. You can then access the live video feed from the doorbell's camera and initiate a conversation with the person at the front door directly through the Ring App. This communication is two-way, meaning both parties can speak and listen in real time.
The Ring Video Doorbell (wired) is equipped with infrared (IR) LEDs around the camera lens. These LEDs emit invisible infrared light, which is outside the spectrum of human vision. When the doorbell's sensors detect a decrease in ambient light, such as in the evening or at night, the built-in IR LEDs automatically activate. These LEDs cast infrared light onto the area in front of the doorbell cameras. The emitted infrared light bounces off objects and people within the camera's field of view. As it reflects back into the camera's lens, the doorbell's image sensor captures this reflected light. In night vision mode, the Ring Video Doorbell Wired captures monochromatic (black and white) video footage. This is because the image sensor focuses on the intensity of the reflected infrared light, rather than color.
Integrations With Smart Home Devices
The Ring Video Doorbell Wired offers integration with Amazon Alexa for voice commands and can be connected to various smart home devices through IFTTT applets. However, it's important to note that it does not support Apple HomeKit or Google Assistant. Here's a breakdown of these integrations:
Amazon Alexa Integration
With Amazon Alexa integration, you can use voice commands to interact with your Ring Alexa-enabled device. For example, you can ask Alexa to show you the doorbell camera feed on an Echo Show device or receive audible announcements when someone rings the doorbell. This integration enhances the convenience and accessibility of your doorbell.
IFTTT (If This Then That)
The Ring Video Doorbell Wired supports integration with the IFTTT platform. This allows you to create custom automation and integration scenarios with other smart devices and services. Using IFTTT applets, you can set up actions based on events triggered by your doorbell, such as sending notifications, controlling lights, or interacting with other smart home devices.
Lack of Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant Support
It's important to be aware that the Ring Video Doorbell Wired does not offer native support for Apple HomeKit or Google Assistant. This means you cannot directly control the doorbell using voice commands through Apple's Home app or Google Assistant. If full compatibility with these ecosystems is a priority for your smart home, you may want to consider alternative doorbell options that do offer such support.
Simple Installation Preparation
Before You Start:
Make sure you have all the necessary hardware included in your package for installing these smart doorbells, organized into bags:
(2) 1" long mounting screws.
(2) Wall anchors.
(2) 3/16" security screws.
(1) Jumper cable.
1. Find Your Doorbell Chime. Your Video Doorbell (wired) gets its power from the existing doorbell system, replacing the current doorbell button. To check if your doorbell system is working, ring your doorbell and listen for the chime. If you hear it, your existing doorbell system is functional. Follow the chime sound to locate it and take note of where it is.
2. Turn Off the Power at the Breaker. Before installation, switch off the power at your circuit breaker or fuse box. Handle electrical wiring with care. In some areas, a qualified electrician may be required for installation. Check local regulations and building codes before working on electrical systems. Comply with permits and consider professional installation if mandated by law.
If you're unsure which breaker controls your doorbell chime, turn off the main breaker for your home or consult an electrician.
3. Use the Jumper Cable. The Jumper Cable bypasses and deactivates existing mechanical or digital chimes. You must install it before proceeding with your Video Doorbell installation. Your Video Doorbell (wired) works with doorbell systems supplying 10-24 volts AC, at 50 or 60 Hz, with a power rating of 20-40 VA max. The AC connector is a class 2 energy source.
4. Remove the Chime Cover. After locating your existing chime and switching off the power, remove the cover from your chime and set it aside.
5. Loosen Terminal Screws. Ensure that you retain the existing doorbell wires in place.
6. Connect the Jumper Cable. Attach one end of the Jumper Cable to the "Front" terminal and the other to the "Trans" terminal. It doesn't matter which wire goes where. Tighten the terminal screws securely.
7. Uninstall the Doorbell Button. Remove your current doorbell button from the wall, disconnect the wires, and ensure they don't fall back into the wall.
8. Remove the Faceplate. Gently detach the faceplate from the unit by pulling it from the lower edge.
9. Mark Screw Hole Locations. Use your Video Doorbell Wired as a template to mark where to mount it on the wall.
10. Install Anchors (Optional). For stucco, brick, or concrete walls, use a 1/4" (6mm) masonry bit to create holes and insert wall anchors.
11. Connect the Doorbell Wires. Wrap one doorbell wire around each screw terminal on your Video Doorbell Wired and tighten them securely.
12. Attach Your Ring Doorbell. Mount your Video Doorbell Wired using the provided mounting screws. If wires pass through the wall, ensure any excess is neatly tucked in.
Note: Use only the provided mounting screws for securing your Ring Video Doorbell.
13. Restore Power. It may take a moment for your Video Doorbell Wired to power on. It's ready when it lights up and activates.
14. Secure Your Ring Doorbell. Reattach the faceplate and use the included screwdriver to insert the small security screw at the bottom of your Video Doorbell Wired.
The Best Add-Ons for Your Wired Ring Video Doorbell
Check our recommendations for accessories tailored to the Ring wired version and other video doorbells.
Power Supply Adapter
If you don't have an existing doorbell, you can power your Video Doorbell (wired) directly using the Wasserstein Ring doorbell power supply adapter. The continuous power supply ensures that your doorbell remains fully operational at all times. This adapter also works with other video doorbells including Arlo, Wyze, and eufy.
Horizontal Mount and Wall Plate
The Wasserstein Ring Doorbell mount and wall plate offers a horizontal angle adjustment range from 35° to 55°. This allows you to fine-tune the positioning of your doorbell according to your specific needs. Whether you want to focus on a specific area, widen your camera's view, or reduce blind spots, this adjustable angle mount can accommodate your preferences.
Vertical Mount and Wall Plate
The Wasserstein 0° to 10° Vertical Adjustable Angle Mount and Wall Plate allows you to vertically adjust your doorbell's angle so you can see visitors from head to toe or check if there's a package on your porch. It acts as a sliding mount and covers holes left by your old doorbell for an aesthetically pleasing setup.